Effective March 3, 2018, garbage collection service is provided by Direct Waste Solutions, Inc. Their phone number is: (713) 635-0800.
Direct Waste Solutions, Inc., has recently been selected to provide waste collection services to Harris County MUD 148. Service to your district will be a fully-automated/side–loading service. The following guidelines will be set in place to help provide outstanding service to each resident.
Garbage Collection Schedule:
Wednesday and Saturday
Hours: 7:00 a.m. — 6:00 p.m.
Excludes the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Instrucciones en español
Placing the Trash Can:
- Cart handles should be facing away from the street with the wheels touching the curb.
- The cart lid should always be kept shut.
- Please provide a 4-foot radius around your 96-gallon container.
- First day of service will be March 3, 2018.
- Your new service days will be Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Contents of your 96-gallon container along with Heavy Trash and excess waste or “overage” will be collected on Wednesdays. Saturday’s service will only include the contents of your 96-gallon container.
- Acceptable Heavy Trash or Bulk Items are as follows: Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners (note: all must have certi cation of Freon reclamation by a licensed technician,) stoves, water tanks, washing machines, dryers, freezers, appliances, hot water heaters, couches, furniture, large volumes of containerized yard waste and similar items that might be found in or around the home.
- Please do not place any waste bags, boxes, or any other items you wish to dispose of on top of your Direct Waste automated trash can.
- For better service of the 96-gallon cart, we suggest placing all household waste and grass clippings in trash bags before placing them inside the cart.
- Each resident is responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged carts and will be charged a fee for replacement.
- The following holidays are observed by the contractor. New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Any collection which would normally be scheduled for such date will be suspended and resumed on the next scheduled pickup date.
Failure to have your 96-gallon container in the proper location may result in non-service of the container.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at 713-635-0800.