Garbage collection service is provided by J & S Trash Services. Their phone number is: (713) 635-2500.
Garbage Collection Schedule:
Wednesday and Saturday
Hours: 7:00 a.m. — 6:00 p.m.
Excludes the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Manner of Garbage Collection:
- Garbage is collected at the street on each collection day
- Garbage must be properly packed in containers or bags not exceeding forty (40) gallons
- J & S will collect tree, shrub and brush trimmings, provided that such materials are bundled in lengths no greater than four (4) foot and weighing less than forty (40) pounds, and branches with a maximum diameter of three (3) inches, and placed at the curb.
- Heavy trash collection is provided on each Saturday with a limit of two (2) heavy trash items each Saturday.
- Heavy trash collection does not include certain items as such as: dirt, rocks, bricks, concrete or any materials or items deemed hazardous materials or waste generated by a private contractor. Bulky waste such as refrigerators and freezers will be picked up and must also be located at the curb. Refrigerators and freezers must be drained of Freon and have a bill to validate such service was performed.
- For special collection other than normal amounts of residential refuse, yard trimmings or bulk items, J & S must be notified in advance and will meet with the resident prior to collection day to negotiate a price. If a resident does not notify the garbage contractor of such a special pick up before their scheduled day, then the garbage contractor will leave a notice for the resident to contact the garbage contractor during normal office hours before their next scheduled pick up day.
- Permanent trash containers, after being emptied by garbage contractor, will be returned to their point of origin in the same condition in which they were taken, normal wear and tear expected. Garbage contractor shall clean up any spillage that occurs during the collection process; provided, however, that if gasoline, motor oil, cooking oil, paint, or any other liquid items in a garbage container are not seen by garbage contractor personnel resulting in spillage that causes a stain, garbage contractor shall not be responsible.